Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Treasure Map Your Goals

My Cabin Treasure Mapped on My Refrigerator
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." ~Henry Ford


Henry Ford said it best about goals in the quote above. If you want to achieve your goals, you can not take your eyes off those goals. You have to have them written down and treasure mapped in front of you at all times. 


Every motivational speaker will tell you to write down your goals, be specific with them, and chunk them down into daily, weekly, and monthly goals. Then determine what income generating activities you must do daily to achieve those goals. All obstacles get in the way only when you take your eyes off your goals. As they say, you can make excuses or you can make money. It's your choice. Let's talk about Treasure Mapping. Treasure Mapping means to cut out pictures of the things you want and then plaster them on your refrigerator, and on your bathroom mirror. Look at what you want everyday as many times as you can. You have to visualize success to make it happen. 


Put a copy of your goals that you have written down, in the front of your Biz Binder. Read those goals every morning before you take your brisk walk and start "dialin' & smilin'" with your contacts. Know what you want. Be specific. "If your 'why' is big enough, the how-to's just don't matter!" So along with writing your goals (your wants), ponder your 'why' and write that down, and read that every morning along with your goals.


Be honest with yourself and answer four questions. Are you serious about building your business? Do you want to change your lifestyle? Do you want to live that talked-about American Dream? What are you willing to give up to make that happen? What I've learned with success in this business for near forty (40) years, is that Network Marketing success is all about lifestyle. No time restraints. No answering to a boss. No limitations with territories or income. No punching a time clock, or fighting traffic. No budget situations that tie your hands from living your life with those you love. 
Chris Burgess #34 (far left)


Here's one example of lifestyle. When my son, Chris, was playing basketball for Duke University, I had been in and out of North Carolina every week to watch him play, and building a MLM business there with every trip. He called on Thanksgiving and said, "mom, you need to come to the Alaska Shoot-Out. I want you there!" The Alaska Shoot-Out was tomorrow and I didn't have to think, "can I afford to go?" "can I get away?" I just called my travel agent, had her book a first-class ticket and flew up to be there for my son. I emailed my distributors that I would be there, and while there for three days, I did a couple of meetings in my hotel room!" That, my dear friends, is lifestyle.


Treasure Map what you want. Write down those goals. See yourself achieving those goals. Determine what you need to give up to achieve those goals. Then consistently (daily) add to your Prospect list, gather business cards, make contact, sample people, follow-up and build an empire-sized business with the easiest thing you'll ever have to share with Prospects...the V3! People needed this product yesterday. So, get out there and give it to them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment